We are here to listen
At Animal Care Clinic we strive to overcome one of the most common complaints about health care in America – that patients do not feel heard. Our entire team undergoes extensive training on communications and you will find that our doctors and nursing team members will listen to you with the intention of fully understanding your observations about your pets, your concerns, your pets’ needs and your personal needs. You can expect excellent follow-up communication after your pet visits Animal Care Clinic because we truly care about the outcome of the care we provide.
Customizing Your Communications with Us
Do you prefer e-mails? Text messages? Phone calls? You get to choose how to communicate with us. Through our internet Pet Portal System you can request appointments, order prescription refills, send us messages and review your pets medical history. You can access our online store allowing you to shop 24 hours a day with no need for written prescriptions! Do you prefer text messages to remind you of upcoming appointments yet want postcards to tell you when a vaccine is due? We can do that! Would you prefer every communication by e-mail? We can do that!
What is a Pet Portal?
- Pet Portals are free, interactive online web pages that are personalized to your pets.
- The interactive web-site is linked to your pet’s records, so you can see their reminders and medication history.
- Request medical appointments, boarding reservations and prescription refills (to be picked up at our office).
- Create pet care instructions for your next petsitter or send us an email message.
- Access a library of pet health information, personalize with pictures, and share stories and memories of your pets with other Pet Portal users.
- Receive newsletters and email reminders that you can tailor to how you would like to receive updates.
- Even create your own medication reminders, so you’ll be reminded to give that monthly dewormer/heartworm medication or whatever it is you want to be reminded of!
How is your ONLINE STORE different from others on the web?
Our online store is accessed through your Pet Portal and thus is more convenient for you. There is no need to send in a written prescription because every prescription request is reviewed by our office. Your purchases are shipped directly from the same suppliers that we use at Animal Care Clinic – there is no risk of counterfeit or replaced product. Purchase anything from grooming supplies, medications, training devices, and diets (even prescription diets!) that will be delivered right to your door. If you let us know you are going to order a prescription product ahead of time we can even pre-approve your purchase so they will be shipped as soon as you order them!
What do you do with my email?
Your Pet Portal is a secure site accessible only to you and not viewable by anyone else. Your email will never be shared with any third party. Your email will only be used to send reminders, urgent pet health updates (such as recent pet food recalls) and newsletters. You can edit your communication preferences and even go green by stopping snail mail reminder cards and just using e-mail and/or text messaging communications!
How do I get a Pet Portal?
Any active client at Animal Care Clinic can start a Pet Portal. If you share your e-mail address with us, the Pet Portal administrator (Vetstreet) will contact you by e-mail within 24 hours to instruct you on how to set up your Portal. Alternatively, you can visit our website and click on the “Pet Portal” button found at the top right of the screen or on the footer of every page, and then follow the prompts. Once Vetstreet has verified that you are a client of ours, (1-2 business days) they will contact you via e-mail to confirm your portal.