It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Whether traveling during the holidays or having friends and family visiting the beautiful central coast, here are some tips to ensure it’s a happy and safe time for your pets.
Stop by the clinic for our annual ornament sale and new this year the 12 Days of Giving which benefits the pets and people of 40 Prado. Wishing you and your pets all the love and joy of the holiday season.
- Check tags and update microchip contact information
- If you aren’t sure who to contact, stop by and we’ll scan your chip and look up the company contact information.
- Need a chip? Our new microchips also read temperatures and come with lifetime registration.
- Order Rx refills early
- The season brings special holiday hours and we want to be sure you have what your pet needs. Some prescriptions can take longer to fill so remember to request refills early.
- Company can stress out your pets
- Remember to give them a safe place to get away from the crowds.
- If your pet likes to sneak out the door, company brings more opportunity.
- Say no to sweets and holiday food
- Chocolate, raisins, and grapes can be toxic to our pets.
- Be careful of sugar-free items with Xylitol as even a small amount is very dangerous.
- Best to stick with pet food and pet treats.
- Using a pet sitter?
- Be sure they have your veterinarian’s contact information in case of an emergency.
- Call us and we can add them as authorized to bring you pet in for treatment.
- For peace of mind, fill out our Authorization to Treat in Absence of Owner and bring it by the clinic before you leave town.